Welcome to Days of Inspiration, a Rent RPG community. Current Music:
This RPG chronicles the lives of our favorite bohemians from the moment Roger goes through the last of his withdrawal (at a rehab or not to be decided by the person playing Roger) until the end of the musical. We are following the musical's timeline (not the movie's), pretty much novelizing the musical through the character's eyes. Scroll down to read the rules!
We are currently in need of the following characters:
Mark Roger Mimi
Angel Benny Joanne Maureen
After the above main characters are filled, we are opening applications for the following:
Mr. & Mrs. Cohen
Mr. & Mrs. Jefferson
1. First, you need to apply and get accepted. Accepting is based on writing ability, not first come-first serve. Please keep that in mind when you apply!
- Fill out the following application:
Character's basic info:
3) Sexual Preference:
-Character's reaction to:
-Character's feelings regarding:
3) Personal history:
4) Personal future:
1) Favorite food:
2) Favorite place:
3) Comfort object:
4) Secret dream:
5) Greatest fear:
3) Experience with RENT:
4) Experience with RP'ing:
5) Email/AIM screenname:
-Make sure the application is absolutely, completely filled out and you answer everything to the best of your ability. The writing sample is a MUST, and can be virtually anything - a part of a short fanfic, or another RPG example.
-E-mail this application to MarkCohen.Artist@gmail.com . You can also apply by pasting the application as a comment to this post.
-Don't worry - you will receive a response ASAP - most likely the same day or the next.
2. Once you've been accepted:
-Make a journal for your character to use. Make sure you put into consideration your character's personality when making the journal - from username to icon to userinfo.
-Use your application info as your userinfo.
-Make sure you friend both THIS community (where you will be RPing) and the OC board, where all the business stuff will be taken care of.
-Make sure you join both this community and the OC community.
-Friend all of your fellow bohemians.
About the RPG itself:
- As stated earlier, this RPG will be taking place from right after Roger's end of withdrawal (early December, probably), to the end of the musical. Because of this, we have decided that the RPG is not to stray specifically from the main points of the play. For example: Angel must die, Mimi must remain a stripper, and the couples must remain the same. There may be little hints at things that could've or might've happened in the past, but Jonathan Larson, as I'm sure most of you would agree, has created enough of a rich world that we can create the missing moments of Rent that we all would've liked to see happen.
- Our RPG is in 3rd person format, while the personal journals are obviously in first person. ie; for the rpg you would put something like, (if you were playing mark) "Mark stands, tucks in his shirt and sighs. It is not going to be an easy day for him, and he knows it.". Mark's personal journal might say something like, "Today was a terrible day - I felt so sick", etc etc.
- Make sure you update as much as possible. Without updates, an RPG falls flat. We will not hesitate to remove you and pick up someone else if you fail to update.
- Use your journals as a way to communicate! Have the characters leave comments to one another, etc. It's more fun that way.
- Most importantly - Have fun! We all love Rent, so let's make our experience with it that much better!
Another Note: This community is closed to membership - membership is only for the rpg and it's mods and players. You MUST fill out an application and have been accepted for you to be added to the community!